February 15, 2013 in Uncategorized
Wow. I just have not been blogging at all.
I was updating my book page, and I noticed in my “recent posts” section that I have put up a measly 17 posts since Halloween. DANG.
I am going to give you some of my really REALLY random thoughts simply so I can put something on this blog.
1. For the past month, I have not been eating sugar. I was eating way too much sweet stuff. I had developed a nasty sugar-addiction and I decided to go cold-turkey with all sweets.
I’ve lost about 3ish pounds. Yes. Score.
I rewarded myself with a donut today.
2. One day on Pinterest, I came across a meatloaf recipe that said to use a boxed stuffing mix in the meatloaf in place of oatmeal or crackers or whatever you may use. I RARELY cook meat products, but when I saw that recipe I decided to make it for my boys. It’s cheap, it’s fast, it’s easy, and they loved it. I’ve made it four (five ?) times since then, and I have plans to make it for them again soon. I’ve been meaning to blog the recipe, but well, you know…… I’ve been a lazy blogger.
3. I am totally loving my Kindle. My husband got me one last year as a combo Xmas/birthday gift (my birthday is two days before Christmas so gifts are one in the same), and since then, to be honest, I hadn’t read much on it. I had only read a couple of books, and they were very mediocre. (They were some of the cheap, self-published books on Amazon.) However, I’ve recently decided to spend a little more money on digital books (better books), and I’ve really been enjoying reading on that bad boy.
I have a MAJOR issue spending money on digital books. I HATE buying digital books. I try to check items out from the library first, but if I can’t find what I’m looking for at any surrounding library, I have been getting the books I want for my kindle. By George, it’s handy.
The digital copy always seems to be about $2 less than the ACTUAL BOOK. This irks me, as I would prefer to just buy the printed book. But if I’m wanting to read a sequel or a book in a series, and I want to read it NOW, I get it instantly on my Kindle. I’m a very impatient person, and instant gratification is a big plus for me.
Just to be clear……I’m really loving the convenience of my Kindle, but every time I purchase a digital book, a little part of me dies. If books one day move to an all digital format, and are no longer printed, I will die. I do not want to live in that God-forsaken miserable world.
4. Speaking of printed books, I hit the jackpot at the library today.
One of my favorite books, City of Dreaming Books, has a newly-released sequel and I didn’t even realize it.
I had a very embarrassing “squee” moment in the library today.
5. I haven’t been reading the blogs of the people I like recently. I don’t know why. I’m going to spend some time tomorrow getting caught up. Rachel…..Lori…..I’m talking to you.
6. If long-time readers are wondering, the “makeup obsessed phase” is still going strong and I’m pretty sure I went totally insane a long time ago.
7. Speaking of makeup……
On YouTube, there is a very popular video topic called the “makeup collection video”. Basically, women give the viewer a tour of their makeup collections.
I thought it would be really fun to post a couple of my “favorites” here.
Prepare to be amazed.
Truly…..you will hardly believe what you are about to see.
You are very welcome for that enthralling entertainment.
Also, there are hundreds of videos like this on YouTube if you feel inclined to look up more.
Dear men that are possibly reading my blog,
You should watch those videos too. It’s good entertainment for all.
And that is all.Tweet